As summer nears it’s end, we’re reflecting on the incredible time we had at Kendal Calling Festival with our hugely successful Leave Nothing But Memories Campaign!
For the second year running betternotstop created an impact strategy, project management and report to help make Kendal Calling one of the most sustainable festivals in the U.K. – Learn how in the video below.
Huge thanks to everyone that signed up to become a part of our Impact Crew and helped make a difference.
- 40,000 attendees came to the incredible Lowther deer Park in the Lake District.
- Thousands signed up to the audience pledge, becoming part of the campaign
- 45,000 kilos of CO2 emissions saved, and huge volumes of waste reduced from using the reusable cup scheme partnering with One Cup.
- Low cup loss rate achieved at 8.9% – one of the best in the industry! (Average being around 35%)
- 280 tents left behind out of 40,000+ festival goers – What a fantastic result!
Backstage, Tony’s Chocolonely had created some incredible bespoke chocolate bars for us to give to artists to promote the charity EarthPercent – a charity that directly gives to climate action, which has been created for musicians and creatives, so be sure to check them out and the incredible work they do.
The More Than Music report looks at the publicly available data, as well as insights from industry experts, for 100 UK Music Festivals. It explores sustainability and impact in the UK music festival industry as it currently stands. betternotstop’s aim is to showcase the amazing work the music festival sector is already doing, but ground it in some of the alarming facts we uncovered.
Read the report here: https://lnkd.in/eb8FKMPe
From The Fields , who run the hugely successful Bluedot Festival , Kendal calling and light trails are a member of the The Better Business Network. Join them and many others and become part of a purpose-driven network at the Better Business Network!
Apply to join here: https://lnkd.in/epa6hVxh
The Better Business Network is a community for purpose driven Business Leaders where we share tools, resources and network to help us all create better businesses. If you want to join a community that cares, you can apply to join now on our website.
See you in 2024.