The UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals are the world’s call to action on the most pressing challenges and opportunities facing humanity and the natural world, and at betternotstop we intend to do our part in achieving these goals.
Read about how we are approaching each goal and what we’re doing to hit the targets set by the UN SDGs below.
End poverty in every form, everywhere.
- We recruit based on ability & mindset over background
- We support and develop local creative talent
- Less than 2x pay gap between directors & team members
- An ethical supply chain
- We vet all suppliers and partners
- We choose sustainable and inclusive partner
- We pay the living wage
End hunger, improve food security and achieve sustainable agriculture.
- We support local food producers & hospitality venues
- We know the source of food and only buy what we need for meetings and events
- We provide pro bono support to local organisations including our local food bank and act as Food Heroes on Olio (food sharing app)
Ensure healthy lives at all ages.
- We offer all staff remote working & flexible hours
- We give paid volunteer days
- We encourage the team to eat and be healthy
- We provide a wellness programme to our team
- We use our platform to promote positive conversations around mental health to business owners and individuals
Inclusive and equitable education for all.
- Individual learning & development is encouraged and supported
- Employee education and skills development is encouraged
- We practice openness & transparency around project successes to pass on knowledge to others
- We provide a percentage of all our services pro bono to those in financial need
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Equal pay / no gender pay gap
- Flexible working for all working parents
- Female led Management team
Ensure available and sustainable management of water for all.
- We educate the team & empower them to practice active water reduction
- We partner with 1% for the Planet and Just a Drop to donate a percentage of our sales to provide clean water & sanitation for all
- We offer New referral clients the option to support impact gifts with Just a Drop
Access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy for all.
- We choose green energy suppliers
- We reduce energy consumption by switching off plugs and devices
- We have energy saving policies for employees working from home and in the office
Sustainable economic growth with full and productive employment and decent work.
- We foster an empathetic environment supporting people from all backgrounds
- We provide roles that provide engaging and fulfilling employment
- Upskilling & mentoring people from different backgrounds
- We promote and advocate a better way of doing business
Foster innovation, build resilient infrastructure and promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation.
- Any innovations and learnings are shared to help others achieve more social change
- Run regular free workshops and webinars to help businesses and industries become more Sustainable
Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- We involve everyone in strategic decisions through democratic decision making.
- We embrace differences / uniqueness / individuality and advocate for more accessible and diverse workplaces.
Make cities and communities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Wherever possible we choose sustainable travel methods to attend meetings & events
- We use technology to reduce unnecessary travel
- We use local suppliers and support local venues for our events and community activities
Consume sustainably and ensure sustainable production patterns.
- Use platorm to promote responsible consumption
- We use our platform to promote the benefits of responsible consumption
- We promote and advocate the circular economy
- We help brands reduce their carbon footprint and impact across all industries
- Every purchasing decision is made based on impact to people and the planet
- We work with organisations to promote sustainability in consumption
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its devastating impacts.
- We’re members of 1% for the planet – donating 1% of our annual sales to environmental nonprofit
- We are a climate positive member of Ecologi
- We encourage and work with other businesses to help them become more environmentally friendly
- We have studied carbon literacy and run our own carbon literacy accredited schemes to help other organisations understand how to take climate action
Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources.
- We’ve eliminated single use plastic from all of our events & meetings
- We use our platform to raise awareness of the damage business is doing to our oceans
Protect, restore and promote the sustainable use of ecosystems, manage forests, combat desertification, halve and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- All our offline marketing campaigns & materials use FSC certified papers
- We promote ethical decision making
Promote peaceful and inclusive societies, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- We’re believers that leaders should serve their teams
- Proud supporter of Amnesty International
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development.
- We are building a network of sustainable leaders with the Better Business Network
- We are proud to be active members of the B Leaders, B Corp and 1% for the Planet Community
- We share knowledge regularly through writing, networking and webinars to help others make systemic change
- We share our knowledge and expertise of sustainability with events, blogs & social content to spread the SDGs
If you would like to learn more about the UN Sustainable Development Goals and how betternotstop can help your business reach the targets and goals laid out by the United Nations, please get in touch via our Contact page.